Master of Science (Sports Science)
The aim of the course is to enable physical education educators, instructors, health-care and allied-health professionals (nutritionists, physiotherapists, fitness leaders) and medical doctors to gain knowledge and develop skills for the advancement of science in sports.
The course consists of 3 semesters of teaching consisting of lectures, seminars and laboratory-based practical work. This will be followed by a research project in the fourth semester.
The project consists of a laboratory/field-based research project addressing a relevant topic.
Semester I (10 units)
- Functional and Applied Anatomy
- Basic Physiology
- Scientific Evaluation
Semester II (10 units)
- Applied Physiology and Biochemistry
- Principles of Training and Physiology of Maximum Intensity
- Biomechanics and Sports Injury I
Semester III (12 units)
- Biomechanics II
- Leisure Management and Organisation of Sports in Malaysia
- Sports Nutrition I
- Environment Physiology and Psychological Aspects of Sports and Exercise
- Sports Nutrition II and Health Aspects of Exercise
Semester IV (10 units)
- Sports Science Project
Applicants should possess the following:
- A B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree from a recognised university.
- Candidates with suitable research experience in the relevant field.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
Full-time: Min 3 semesters / Max 6 semesters