Associate Professor Dr. Mohd Asnizam Asari is a medical lecturer in School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia. He graduated from University of Adelaide, Australia in 1999 and completed Master of Sciences (Clinical Anatomy) from Universiti Sains Malaysia in 2005. He is a member of Malaysian Anatomy Association. Dr. Mohd Asnizam teaches gross anatomy, histology, neuroanatomy and embryology to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. His research interest includes neuroanatomy and neurotoxicology, natural products and has been involved in sport science research.
Effects of Prebiotoc Supplementation Combined with Circuit Training on Immune Functions, Bone Parameters and Muscular Strength in Young Males. (Research University Grant -RU I, USM)
The Effects of Xylene on Hippocampus of Female Sprangue Dawley Rat (USM Short term)
Development and Validation of Anatomy Education Environment
Measurement Inventory (USM Short term)
Kainate-Mediated Excitotoxicity: Neuroprotection through antioxidant mechanism of Tualang honey in rat model (Research University Grant -RU I, USM)
The Role of Tocotrienol in Restraint Stress-Induced Changes in the Hippocampus of Rats (USM Short term)
The Effects of Spirulina Plentesis On Achocol-Induced Neurotoxicity (USM Short term)
Validity and Reliability Of the Rockport Fitness Walking Test (RFWT) Among Students in the Health Campus Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM Short term)
The effects of early postnatal exposure to pyrethroid (deltamethrin) and pyrethroid-based mosquito repellent on the cerebellum of rats (USM Short-term)
Electronic Journal Usage and Perception : A survey (USM Insentif grant)
Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis dependent and independent immunomodulation by psychogenic and neurogenic stressors (FRGS, MOHE grant,)
1. Khan AA, Asari MA, Pasha MA. A case of bilateral absence of carotid canals in human skull. Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science, 15 (2), p275-277. 2016
2. AA Khan, MA Asari, MA Pasha. The sciatic nerve in human cadavers – high division or low formation? Folia Morphologica, 75(3), p306-310. 2016
3. Mohd Asnizam Asari, Nurul Aiman Mohd Yusof. A brief survey of methods to count cells from tissue sections. International Medical Journal, 23( 4), p1-4 , A2016
4. Nur Shafika Mohd Sairazi, K. N. S. Sirajudeen, Mohd Asnizam Asari, Mustapha Muzaimi, Swamy Mummedy, and Siti Amrah Sulaiman. Kainic Acid-Induced Excitotoxicity Experimental Model: Protective Merits of Natural Products and Plant Extracts. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2015. 2015, Article ID 972623, 15 pages.
5. Foong Kiew Ooi, Mohamed Husna Afifah, Chee Keong Chen, Asari Mohd Asnizam. Combined effects of Eurycoma Longifolia Jack supplementation and a circuit training programme on bone metabolism markers, muscular strength and power and immune functions in adult men. International Journal of Engineering Research and Sport Science, 2(3). p1-10. 2015
6. Siti Nurma Hanim Hadie, Asma' Hassan, Zul Izhar Mohd Ismail, Mohd Asnizam Asari, Aaijaz Ahmed Khan,Fazlina Kasim, Nurul Aiman, Mohd Yusof, Husnaida Abdul Manan @ Sulong,Tengku Fatimah Murniwati Tengku Muda, Wan Nor Arifin, Muhamad Saiful Bahri Yusoff. Developing constructs of anatomy education environment measurement: A Delphi study. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 116 . p4219 – 4223. 2014
7. Siti Nurma Hanim Hadie, Asma’ Hassan, Zul Izhar Mohd Ismail, Mohd Asnizam Asari, Aaijaz Ahmed Khan, Fazlina Kasim, Nurul Aiman Mohd Yusof, Husnaida Abdul Manan, Tg Fatimah Murniwati Tg Muda, Wan Nor Arifin Wan Mansor, Muhamad Saiful Bahri Yusoff. The Need to Have a Valid and Reliable Tool to Measure the Anatomy Education Environment. Education in Medicine Journal, 5 (3). e81-e85. 2013.
8. Saiful Bhari Talip , Mohd Asnizam Asari , Aaijaz Ahmed Khan , Kuttulebbai Nainamohamed Salam Sirajudeen. Evaluation of protective effects of tocotrienol rich fraction derived from palm oil on the dentate gyrus following chronic restraint stress in rats. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science, 49(2),p373-380, 2013
9. Mohd Asnizam Asari, Saiful Bhari Talip, Aaijaz Ahmed Khan, KNS Sirajudeen (2012) Effects of tocotrienol rich fraction on the dentate gyrus of rats following exposure to chronic restraint stress. (2nd IASCBC & 36th AAT Annual conference, Chang Mai, Thailand 6-8th December 2013). Proceeding of the Anatomy Association of Thailand (ISSN: 1905-8748) Publisher : Anatomy Association of Thailand. pp129-130 (Full paper proceeding). 2013.
10. Asari MA, Mohd Ismail ZI , Mohd Yusof NA . Evaluation of Spirulina Supplementation on Intermittent Binge Ethanol - Induced Neurotoxicity in Dentate Gyrus of Rats. International Journal of Applied Research in Natural Products . International Journal of Applied Research in Natural Products, 6 (2), p8-14. 2013.
11. Aaijaz Ahmed Khan, Muzammil Ullah, Mohd. Asnizam Asari, Asma Hassan. Interparietal Bone Variations in Accordance with their Ossification Centres in Human Skulls. Int. J. Morphol, 31(2),p546-552, 2013.
12. A.A. Khan, A. Hassan, M.A. Asari, N. Aiman. An interconnected duplicated femoral vein and its clinical significance. Folia Morphol ,72(1), p82–85. 2013
13. Aaijaz Ahmed Khan; Mohd Asnizam Asari, Asma Hassan. Anatomic Variants of Foramen Ovale and Spinosum in Human Skulls. Int. J. Morphol, 30(2), p445-449, 2012
14. AA Khan, MA Asari, A Hassan. Unusual presence of Wormian (sutural) bones in human skulls. Folia Morphologica, 70(4), p143-148. 2011
15. Yeo Nga Piing, Mohd Asnizam Asari, Chen Chee Keong. Validity and Reliability of Rockport Fitness Walking Test in Malaysian University Students. Pan-Asian Journal of Sport & Physical Education, 2(2), p85-92. 2010.
16. Mohd Asnizam Asari, Mohammad Shukri Abdullah, Zul Izhar Mohd Ismail. Histomorphometric study on the effect of low dose deltamethrin on the developing cerebellar cortex. Turk J Med Sci, 40(6), p943-948. 2010.
17. Mohd Asnizam Asari, Mohammad Shukri Abdullah, Suryati Abdullah. Effect of Early Neonatal Exposure to Deltamethrin on the Purkinje cell Numbers in Rat Cerebellum. Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences, 15(1), p14-21. 2008
18. Nasir Aziz, Mohd Asnizam Asari, Rabail Nasir Aziz. Teaching of Anatomy in an Integrated Teaching Based Curriculum at the University Science Malaysia. Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences, 1(4), p131-133. 2007
19. Asari MA, Aziz N . The use, misuse and misconception of impact factor. International Medical Journal, 4(2), p102-103. 2005
20. Kapitonova M Yu, Kolomytkina ON, Ullah M, M Asnizam Asari, Rathna BS, Naik VR, Morozova Z Tch,Nesterova AA,Fedorova OV. Accidental thymic involution in the growing body under chronic restraint stress. Bulletin of the Volgograd Research Centre, Russian Academy Of Medical Sciences, 2. 2004
Pegawai Perubatan (Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia)
Pensyarah Perubatan Pelatih , Jabatan Anatomi, Pusat Pengajian Sains Perubatan, USM
2005 – till now
Pensyarah Perubatan , Jabatan Anatomi, Pusat Pengajian Sains Perubatan, USM