Incentive grant to perform the work: Prevalence of human cytomegalovirus seropositivity among blood donors at the Unit of Blood Transfusion Medicine, Hospital Uiversiti Sains. Principle investigator: Dr. Suhair Abbas Ahmed, Co-investigator: Dr. Rosline Hassen. 26 July 2004.
Short-term grant (12 months): A study of nutritional anaemia among HUSM pregnant women and its correlation with haematological parameters. Principle investigator: Dr. Suhair Abbas Ahmed, Co-investigator: Dr. Rosline Hassen. Dr. Saadah Bachok, Dr. Nik Hazlina Nik Hussein.
Hpspital grant: To establish haematology reference values of normal local population. Researchers: Dr. T. Roshan, Dr. Rosline Hassan and Dr. Suhair Abbas Ahmed.
Approvalof a short term grant “ RBC parameters, B12, folate, Homocysteine levels and MTHFR gene mutation in postmenopausal Malay women and their relation to hormone replacement therapy”. Grant number 304/PPSP/6139061. (RM 39,900).
Grant by Roche Sdn Bhd for “Evaluation of NAT in blood donor screening”.
6. Grant by Synapse Sdn Bhd/Chiron for “Evaluation of NAT in blood donor screening”.
7. Short tem grant “A study on anticoagulant markers and red cell indices in obstructive sleep apnoea patients”. 304/ PPSP/61312114
F.S.M. Al-Joudi and Suhair A.A. Al-Salih, Incidence of Rh-isoimmunization among Rh-negative mothers in Ramadi during the mid-nineties, Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, 2000, 6 (5/6): 1122-1125.
S.A. Ahmed, R.Hassan The co-existence of pure re cell aplasia and autoimmune haemolytic anaemia in a child receiving treatment for malignant lymphoma. MJMS, 2005, 12 (2): 30-34.
Marini RW, Zaidah WA, Suhair A, and Rosline H, Sideroblastic anaemia in a Malay family. The International Medical Journal, 2005, 4 (2): 54-6 .
4. Ahmed S.A.,Al-Joudi, F.S., Wan Zaidah, A., Roshan, T.M., Rapiaah, M., Yusuf
Mohd Soon Abdullah and Rosline, H. The prevalence of human
Cytomegalovirus seropositivity among blood donors at the unit of blood
transfusion medicine, Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia. Southeast Asian Journal
of tropical Medicine and public health, 2006, 37 (2): 294-6.
Abdullah W. zaidah, Tariq M. Roshan, Abbas Suhair, Rosline Hassan,
Mustaffa, Adbullah A. Dzarr. Natural killer (NK)-large granular lymphocyte leukaemia: a case report. Haema, 2006, 9 (2): 290-2.
6. Norashikin J, Roshan TM, Rosline H, Wan zaidah A, Suhair AA, Rapiaah M.
A study of serum ferritin levels among male blood donors in Hospital
Universiti Sains Malaysia.Southeast Asian J of Tropical Medicine and
Public health, 2006, 37 (2): 370-3.
7. H Rosline, SA Ahmed, and F.S. Al-Joudi. Thalassaemia among blood donors
in Hospital Univesiti Sains Malaysia. Southeast Asian J of Tropical
Medicine and Public Health, 2006, 37 (3): 549-52.
8. H Rosline, TM Roshan, SA Ahmedand I Ilunihayati “ Identification of
haemoglobin AC heterozygote status in a malay family: a decision between
haemoglobin electrophoresis and high performance liquid chromatography.
Southeast Asian J of Tropical Medicine And Public Health, 2007, 38
9. R Yousuf, M Rapiaah, SA Ahmed, H Rosline, A Salam, S Selamah and TM
Roshan . Trends in hepatitis B virus infection among blood donors in
Kelantan, Malaysia : A retrospective study”. Southeast Asian J of Trop Med
Public Health, 2007, 38 (6): 1070-4.
10. I. Rusmawati, SA Ahmed, H. Rosline, B. Nor Saadah and NK Nik Hazlina.
The prevalence of nutritional anaemia in pregnancy at HUSM” XXIV World
Congress Of pathology and Laboratory medicine, 2007 by MEDIMOND S.r.l
11. M. Rapiaah, TM Roshan, L Naing, A rehman, SA Ahmed, H Rosline and SH
Lim. “ Analysis of postdonation platelet counts in regular plateletpheresis
donors” XXIV World Congress Of pathology and Laboratory medicine 2007
by MEDIMOND S.r.l H820C0141 179-181.
12. Y Rabeya, M Rapiaah, H Rosline, SA Ahmed, WA Zaidah and TM
Roshan.Blood pre-donation deferrals- A teaching hospital experience.
Southeast Asian J of Tropical Medicine and Public Health, 2008, 39 (3):
13. Rapiaah M, Rosline H, Suhair AA, Wan Zaidah H, Roshan TM, Saw TH, Lim
SH, Khairiah Y, Miskon AK, Hamen H. Frequencies of the ABO and rhesus
blood groups in different ethnic groups in kelantan. Transfusion Alternatives in
Transfusion Medicine, 2006; 7(2): 42.
14. TM Roshan, H Rosline, SA Ahmed, M Rapiaah and MN Khattak. “Response rate
of Malaysian blood donors with reactive screening test to transfusion medicine
unit calls”. Southeast Asian J of Tropical Medicine and Public Health, 2009, 40
15. TM Roshan, H Rosline, SA Ahmed, M Rapiaah A Wan Zaidah and MN Khattak.
Haematological Reference Values of Healthy Malaysian Population. Int J of Lab
Haematol, 2009, 31, 505-512.
16. S Ahmed, R Mustafa, T Roshan, K Kam, F Al Joudi. A comparison of the
platelet yield between two apharesis systems: The haemonetics MCS+ and
Prevalence and specificities of red cell alloantibodies among blood recipients in
the Malaysian State of Kelantan. Asian J Transfusion Sci, 2010; 5 (1): 42-45.
19. Red cell phenotyping of blood from donors at the National Blood Centre of
Malaysia. Musa RH, Ahmed SA, Hashim H, Ayob Y, Asidin N, Choo PY, Al-
Joudi FS. Asian J Transfusion Sci, 2012,6 (1): 2-5.
20. . Identification of causes of anaemia among blood donor deferrals in a central hospital blood bank in kuantan, Malaysia...Vox Sanguinus 2013 105(supplement2) p 55
21. Plasma homocysteine levels in postmenopausal Malay women. AL Jabr MT, Ahmed SA, Wan Zaidah A, Nik Hazlina BtNH, Wan Soriany BtWMZ and Al-Joudi FS. In preparation.
22. Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: Three Peripartum Cases and Diagnostic Challenges.Wan Suriana Wan Ab Rahman, Wan Zaidah Abdullah, Rapiaah Mustaffa, Suhair Abbas Ahmed, Mohd Nazri Hassan and Azlan Husin. Clinical Medicine Insights: Case Reports 2013:6: 141-146
23. Evaluation of serological transfusion-transmitted viral diseases and mutliplex nucleic acid testing in Malaysian blood donors. Saif Ghazi Yaseen , S.A. Ahmed , M.F. Johan , R. Kiron , Aqil Mohammad Daher
24. Letter to Editor: “Testing for hepatitis B virus core antigen and e antigen may confer additional safety of donors’ blood negative for heptitis B virus surface antigen”. Fawwaz Shakir Al-Joudi, Maimunah Binti Mohd Arif, Zulaikha Binti Mohamed, Ismarulyusda Ishak, Suhair A. Ahmed. Asian Journal of Transfusion science,Volume 1 issue 8 January- June 2014
25. A review of Acute Myeloid Leukemia classification: a single institution experience in a developing country. Hanan Mahmood, Wan Zaidah Abdullah, Ang Cheng Yong, Suhair Abbas Ahmed, Abu Dzarr Abdullah, Abdul Aziz Baba, Ravindran Ankathil, Azlan Husin, Abdul Rahim Hussein, Rapiaah Mustaffa, Rosline Hassan ,Journal of Hematopathology (2014) 7:3-8
26. Effects of dietary vitamin C and E supplementations on hepatic and renal function on young weightlifters
Sawash M. Mohammed, Mohd Nidzam Jawis., Suhair Abbas., & 3Oleksandr Krasilshchikov JPASPEX (2014) 2(2), 24-29 http://www.jpaspex.com, e-ISSN 2289-5817
Immunological and Haematological Changes in HIV Infection
By Wan Majdiah Wan Mohamad, Wan Suriana Wan Ab Rahman, Suhair Abbas Ahmed Al-Salih and Che Maraina Che Hussin.
The 31stgraduate among over 350 graduates in the M.B.Ch.B., Baghdad University College of Medicine.
Ranked the first among the eight candidates for the F.I.C.M.S. (Clinical Haematology), 1998, the Iraqi Commission for Medical Specializations.
2ndprize for best presentation in the 2ndNational Transfusion Conference, September, 2005.
Certificate of “Appreciation of Service” for the year 2005 from the Dean of the School of Medical Sciences (PPSP) Universiti Sains Malaysia.
Certificate of appreciation from the Malaysian society of Haematology for being a member of the organising committee for “The 6thmalaysian National Haematology Scientific Meeting”. April 2006
Appointment as an Honorary Lecturer in the Transfusion Medicine programme in the IPPT, Penang.
Certificate of Excellence in Service for the Year 2006 from USM
Appreciation letter from PADU (Persatuan Alumni Doctor USM) for being short listed as Kategori pensyarah (bukan Klinikal) pilihan pelajar sempena hari citra ilmu 2009 Anjuran PADU dan PPSP, USM.
Certificate of appreciation from the International conference on Medical and health sciences (ICMHS) 2013
Appreciation letter from 1st International Conference on Molecular Diagnostics & Biomarker Discovery (MDBD 2013)
Appreciation award from the Iraqi minister of Health “Iraqi Expertsaward” December 2013
12. A certificate of appreciation from the deputy dean for research for organizing the workshop for manuscript writing and being a manuscript reviewer. 2014
Postgraduate Students Supervision:
Mpath candidate Dr. Rusmawati Bt Abdullah (A study of nutritional anaemia among HUSM pregnant women and its correlation with haematological parameters). 2005
MSc student “Rozi hanisa Musa” in IPPT. “Red cell phenotyping in blood donors at the National Blood centre, Kuala Lumpur”. 1st August 2006
MSc student “ Shaima K. Moufak”. “ A comparative study on haemostatic markers and prothrombotic genes among patients with acute coronary syndrome and stable ischaemic heart disease”.
MSc student “ Mohammed Talal Al- Jabr” . “RBC parameters, B12, folate, Homocysteine levels and MTHFR gene mutation in postmenopausal Malay women and their relation to hormone replacement therapy”. August 2011
Mpath candidate Dr Saif Ghazi ( Evaluation of nucleic acid testing as a screening tool for blood donors). May 2011
MSc sport science student Sawash M. Mohammed (Effects of Vitamin C and E supplementation on execise-induced muscle damge among young weightlifters) May 2011
MPath student Dr Fairuz Hashim( MPath candidate) Identification of causes of anaemia among blood donors defferal in hospital Tengku ampuan afzan, Kuantan, Pahang 2013
8. Dr Norasykin (Mpath candidate) A study on anticoagulant markers and red cell indices in obstructive sleep apnoea patients 2014
9DrNazri Abdul Muttalib (MPath candidate) Factors influencing on the platelet yield in plateletpheresis 2013
10Dr Norpazila Binti Yaacob (MPath candidate) The clinical application of IPF in thrombocytopenic patients. 2014
11Dr Mohd Zamri bin mohd Hayat (MPath candidate) Acomparison between BMA and trephine biopsy in assessment of marrow infiltration 2014
12Fadhila Mansor (MSc candidate) Exploring the potential biomarkers for stratification of neonatal sepsis 2014
CURRENT WORK RESPONSIBILITIES:
Service in the Haematology laboratory, including the routine, the special, and the coagulation sections.
Transfusion Medicine service.
Clinical grandrounds at haemato/oncology medical wards
Consultations from peripheral and district hospitals (mainly from Kota Bharu General Hospital and Terenganu State Hospital-Malaysia).
Undergraduate teaching of Haematology and Transfusion Medicine at both the School of Medicine and School of Allied Health Sciences, USM.