1. Evaluation of the immune and haemostatic Markers Among Regular Whole Blood donors. / USM Short Term Grant / RM 39 740.00 / Researchers: Assoc Prof Dr Rapiaah Mustaffa, Assoc Prof Dr Marina Hussin, Assoc Prof Dr Wan Zaidah Abdullah, Dr Wan Haslindawani wan Mahmood. Duration: Nov 2014 to November 2016
2. Factors Contributing to the Success of Autologous Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation in Lymphoproliferative Disease in Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia. / USM short term grant / RM 38,335.00 / Researchers: Dr Mohd Nazri Hassan, Assoc Prof Dr Rapiaah / Duration: Sept 2014 to August 2016.
3. Red blood cell alloantibodies detection in Malay women during pregnancy. / USM short term grant / RM 27548.00 / Researchers: Assoc Prpf Dr Shah Reza Johan Noor, Dr Rapiaah Mustaffa, Assoc Prof Hans Van Rostenberghe / Duration 2008 – 2011
4. A comparison of human progenitor cells enumeration using Sysmex hematology Analyser and standard flowcytometry. / USM short term grant / RM 38000.00 / Researchers: Dr Rapiaah Mustaffa, Assoc Prof Shah Reza Johan Noor, Dr Abu Dzarr Abdullah, Dr Shafini Mohamed Yusoff, Dr Zefarina Zulkifli. Duration: Oct 2008-Oct 2010
5. Impact on environmental assets: Elucidating the nutritional and immunological factors as the contributing to health status among flood victim in Kelantan. TRGS, RM 137 000.00 / Reserchers: Prof Dr Rosline Hassan, Prof Madya Dr Wan Zaidah Abdullah, Prof Madya Dr Rapiaah Mustaffa, Prof Madya Dr Che Maraina, PM Dr Rohana Abdul Jalil. / Duration: April 2015 to December 2015
Mohd Nazri Hassan, Noor haslina Mohd Nor, Shah reza Johan Noor, Rapiaah Mustaffa (2015). Red Blood Cell Alloimmunization amond Malay Pregnant women: A tertiary Hospital Experience. International Medical Journal Vol 22, No 3. 154- 158
Hassan R, Abdullah AD, Husin A, Abdullah WZ, Mustaffa R, Ghazali S, Chen Yong Ang, Baba AA (2014). Characterizing PML/RAR alpha Isoforms of Acute Prolymphocytic Leukemia (APL) in Malay patients. Bangladesh Journal of Medical Sciences Vol 13, No 13. P311-315.
Wan Haslindawani wan Mahmood, Zefarina Zulkifli, Shafini Mohd Yussof, Zakiah Nurasykin Abdul Halim, Rapiaah Mustaffa, wan Zaidah Abdullah (2014). Laboratory and Clinical Profile of anti-PF4 antibodiesa Among acute Coronary syndrome Patients with UFH or Fondaparinux: A Single Centre Study. Experiment & Clinical Cardiology, vol 20, Issue 1.
Mohd Nazri Hassan, Noor Haslina Mohd Noor, shah Reza Johan Noor, salamah Sukri, Rapiaah Mustaffa, Hans Van Rostenberghe luc Aster (2014). Hemolytic disease of fetus and newborn due to maternal red blood cell alloantibodies in the Malay population. Asian Journal of Transfusion Science, Vol 8, Issue 2, 113-.
Hanan Mahmood, wan zaidah Abdullah, ang Cheng Yong, Abdul aziz Baba, Ravindran ankathil, Azlan Husin, Rapiaah Mustaffa, rosline Hassan (2014). A review of AML classification: asingle institution experience in a developing country. J Haematopathology 7, 3 - 8.
Zefarina Zulkifli, Rapiaah Mustaffa, and Shafini Mohammed Yusoff (2014). Hematopoietic Progenirtor Cells as a Predictive of CD34+ Enumeration Prior to Peripheral Blood stem Cells Harvesting. Bali Medical Journal, Vol 3, No 3: 112-115.
Lim Sheng Hock, Aditya Nath Shukla, Rapiaah Mustaffa, Narazah Mohd Yusoff and Zurkurnai yusuf. HPA-1b Gene Polymorphism in Coronary artery Disease Patients with Coronary artery Disease Patients with Myocardial Infaction in North-east Peninsula Malaysia. International Journal of Biological, Ecological and Environmental Sciences, Vol 2, No 3, 2013.
Mohd Nazri Hassan, Shah Reza Johan Noor, Rapiaah Mustaffa (2013). Red Blood Cell Alloimmunization among Malay Pregnant Women: A Tertiary Hospital Experience. International Medical Journal.
Zefarina Zulkifli, Rapiaah Mustaffa (2014). A comparative study of Haematopoietic Progenitor Cells and CD 34+ Enumeration in cord blood Determination by Sysmex Haematology analyzer and standard flowcytometry. International Medical Journal, vol 21, no 3, June 2014, 313-314.
Wan Surian, Wan Zaidah, Rapiaah M, Suhair Abbas, Mohd Nazri (2013).Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: Three Peripartum Cases and Diagnostic Challenges. Clinical Medicine Insights
Adiyyatu Saidu Usman, Rapiaah Mustaffa, Noraida Ramli (2013). Hemolytic disease of the fetus and newborn caused by anti-E. Asian Journal of Transfusion Science – vol 7, Issue 1, January-June 2013
Wan Zaidah Abdullah, Sanada Abu Bakar, Rapiaah Mustaffa (2013). Aspirin Effect on Platwelet Using Whole Blood Tested by platelet Aggregometry: A Comparative Study for Test Validation in a Clinical Hemostasis Laboratory. Lab Medicine Vol 44, Number 1.
1.. Best poster presentation at 2nd National Transfusion Medicine Conference 2005, Kuala Lumpur. Topic: A Preliminary Study on the Gene Frequencies of The Human Platelet-specific Antigens in Malay / year 2005/ at national level/ by Malaysia society of transfusion medicine/ Malaysia.
2. Anugerah perkhidmatan cemerlang 2004/ year 2004/ University level/ USM.
3. Anugerah perkhidmatan cemerlang 2012
Dr Salman Mohd Sahid
Master of Pathology
Study of the haemolytic disease of the newborn babies delivered in HUSM
Dr Wan Haslindawani Wan Mahmood
Master of Pathology
Study of prevalence and risk factors of platelet alloantibodies in multiple transfused thrombocytopenic patients in HUSM
Dr azzly Sumanty Ab Ghani
Master of Pathology
Detection of human platelet-specific
antigens among regular blood donors in HUSM
Dr Suhaila Md Rifin
Master of Pathology
Human platelet specific antigen (HPA-1)
polymorphism in Malay ischaemic stroke patients.
1. House Officer, Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia, 1990 - 1991
2. Medical Officer, Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia, 1991 - 1993
3. Postraduate Training, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 1993 - 1997
4. Pathologist, National blood Centre, Kuala Lumpur, 1997 - 1998
5. Medical Lecturer, Department of Haematology/ Transfusion Medicine Unit, School of Medical sciences, USM, 198 till now