Welcome to Central Research Laboratory
Since 2002, the Central Research Laboratory (CRL) had been serving users with access to 4 Sections: General Service, Analytical Biochemistry, Histopathology and Molecular Biology. Services and facilities within these sections attract users among the lecturers, postgraduate and undergraduate students, science officers, research officers, research assistants, laboratory technologies, etc. CRL is manned by experienced Science and Research Officers, and Medical Laboratory Technologies who are committed to guide and assist you to perform research works in conducive laboratory setting.
We seek to support researchers at the USM School of Medical Sciences and other Schools, by providing advice, technical assistance and access to our scientific equipments.
- Our service and access to scientific equipments is offered within working hours.
- Our laboratory staffs offer advice and technical assistance to researchers.
Area(s) of Expertise
- Quantitative Biochemistry (ELISA, Glucose, Lipid profile, LFT, Enzymes, Anti oxidant, Oxidative Stress etc)
- Histopathology (Tissue Processing, H&E staining, Special stain)
- Molecular Biology (Extraction of DNA & Protein, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) including qPCR, Nucleic Acid & Protein Electrophoresis, Macromolecule Blotting & Probing, Expression Cloning, Imaging, Quantification)
A Laboratory for All Researchers
- A simple User Registration process.
- Once registered, access is FREE of charge.
- Guided sessions for users with limited operational skills.